About Weatherization

The Weatherization Assistance Program is a state and federally funded program administered locally by community action agencies, housing authorities, and local government entities. Weatherization is adding insulation, sealing cracks, and making other changes that reduce heat loss, save money on heating bills and make the home or apartment healthier for qualified low-income households.  Combining Energy Cost Savings improvements with modifications that help to improve the home environment for children and adults, this program provides professional energy management and Improved Indoor Air Quality and Environment through:

– Energy analysis
– Attic insulation & venting
– Crawl space insulation & venting
– Wall insulation
– Heating duct insulation
– Water heater & water pipe insulation
– Weather stripping & caulking
– Other draft or energy reduction measures
– Mechanical Ventilation
– Health and Safety Measures
– Minor Home Repair

Healthy Homes

The Healthy Homes program  improves household occupant health with identified health needs such as; asthma, respiratory illness, or preventing slips, trips, and falls. This  program adds limited Healthy Homes Improvements to the existing suite of approved weatherization activities. The Healthy Homes Program ensures that homes meet minimum health and safety requirements and reduces disease and injury outcomes from housing related hazards.


Service Area: Northwest Community Action Center Services the following Zip Code Areas:

98920 Brownstown 98921
98932 Granger 98933
98935 Mabton 98938 Outlook
98944 Sunnyside 98948 Toppenish 98951 Wapato 98952
White Swan
99350 Prosser
*If your home is located within Yakima County


  • Your most recent energy bill (If you have no energy bill, we require a proof of address.)
  • Identification for adults (over 18)
    Proof of Social Security number for all adults.(Acceptable documents include: Social Security card, or a letter from the Social Security Administration). Current photo ID with date of birth (required for primary applicant, recommended for all adults in the household).
  • Identification for children (under 18)
    Acceptable documents include: Social Security card,birth certificate, or passport.
  • Proof of income is required for the 3 months prior to the month of your appointment (required for all adult householdmembers).Paystubs with pay dates listed for 3 months prior to the month of your appointment (for all employed household members). Social Security award letter (Includes SSA/SSI/SSDI/SSP). Pensions or retirement income (an award letter from the current year or a bank statement showing all relevant deposits). Any documents relating to child support, unemployment, caretaker income (COPES), self employed or 1099 income. Any adult who was unemployed and received no income will need to complete a “No Income Statement” available atour center.