Energy Assistance

Schedule an appointment by clicking the link above.  Be sure to include your Name, Address, email, telephone number and preferred appointment time.  You will be contacted within the next week for an appointment.

Program Overview

Northwest Community Action may be able to provide up to $1,000 of your home heating costs each year. If you qualify for the program, you can receive assistance even if you are not behind on your bill and/or have not received a shut-off notice. The goal of Northwest Community Actions energy program is to keep members of our community safe and warm, and to contribute to a stable home environment. We believe a household should never have to choose between heat and electricity or other necessities, such as food, health care, or shelter. Energy assistance funds enable our community members to devote their resources to other crucial expenses. Funding is currently plentiful and we encourage those who live in our service area to schedule an appointment. Eligible households with the highest heat costs receive the greatest assistance.

What You Need to Know

Program Details

Grants range from $100 to $1,000 per household, and vary from year to year based on:

  • Cost to heat a home over the previous 12 months
  • Household’s average monthly income
  • Number of people in the household

There are programs available to help in reducing energy costs for those in need.  Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP),  as well as local utility companies offer rate reduction programs to those who are eligible.

If you are disconnected

 If you have been disconnected or have received notification that your service will be disconnected within the next 48 hours contact our office at 706 Rentschler Lane, Toppenish, WA 98948 for an emergency appointment.  Be sure to bring your energy bill and shut off notice with you.


Service Area: Northwest Community Action Center Services the following Zip Code Areas:

98920 Brownstown 98921
98932 Granger 98933
98935 Mabton 98938 Outlook
98944 Sunnyside 98948 Toppenish 98951 Wapato 98952
White Swan
99350 Prosser
*If your home is located within Yakima County

What documentation to bring:


  • Your most recent energy bill (If you have no energy bill, we require a proof of address.)
  • Identification for adults (over 18)
    Proof of Social Security number for all adults.(Acceptable documents include: Social Security card, or a letter from the Social Security Administration). Current photo ID with date of birth (required for primary applicant, recommended for all adults in the household).
  • Identification for children (under 18)
    Acceptable documents include: Social Security card,birth certificate, or passport.
  • Proof of income is required for the 3 months prior to the month of your appointment (required for all adult householdmembers).Paystubs with pay dates listed for 3 months prior to the month of your appointment (for all employed household members). Social Security award letter (Includes SSA/SSI/SSDI/SSP). Pensions or retirement income (an award letter from the current year or a bank statement showing all relevant deposits). Any documents relating to child support, unemployment, caretaker income (COPES), self employed or 1099 income. Any adult who was unemployed and received no income will need to complete a “No Income Statement” available atour center.

Emergency Home Heating Repair and Replacement

Low income households may be eligible for emergency heating System replacement or repair. This service is available October thru June for owner occupied dwellings in homes that the existing heating system cannot heat each room to 65 degrees.

Click Here To Request An Appointment

Request Appointment


Make Your Appointment

Be sure to include your Name, Address, email, telephone number and preferred appointment time. You will be contacted within the next week for an appointment.